How to set up your payroll deductions on Paychex
Good news! You’ve gotten your quote, gotten your team excited about and enrolled in Decent, and now all you have left is to onboard your new and improved health insurance plan onto your payroll platform. Odds are this article is exactly what you’re looking for.
One thing to note before we get going - odds are, we’re not much more familiar with your payroll provider than you are, if you’re working through this process and you hit a snag, please contact your payroll company’s support team for help.
Here’s a step by step guide for if you use Paychex for payroll:
- Click administration, then Employee Compensation, then Payroll Deductions.
- Select the employee in which you want to add payroll deductions for from the employee drop-down menu at the top of the screen.
- Click Add Deduction. The Earning/Deduction Detail screen displays.
- Select the description from the Description: drop-down menu.
- Enter the deduction amount
- Select the frequency from the Frequency: drop-down menu.
- Click Save.