Sep 30, 20192 min read
Decent's September 2019 update
Updated: Jun 24
Decent offers affordable health insurance for self-employed people.
- Decent’s plans are live in the Texas Bar Private Insurance Exchange for members of the State Bar of Texas. We worked with Member Benefits, administrator of the Texas Bar Private Insurance Exchange, to get our plans presented as the lowest monthly premium option for the State Bar’s self-employed and sole proprietor members. Better yet, State Bar members get discounted rates as early beneficiaries of our new Partner Program (read the joint press release here). State Bar members can shop our plans here, or on our dedicated portal here.
- We’re launching a Partner Program to offer benefits, including discounted rates to self-employed members of premier organizations. Our first partnership allows us to offer discounted rates for members of the State Bar of Texas, and we will be announcing more big names soon. We can even help organizations contribute to benefits for some or all of their participating members. If you are part of or know of top organizations who would like discounted rates for their self-employed members, workforce, or clientele in Austin, we'd love to chat! Please email me at email@example.com. 🙏
- We’ve been in the news. Molly did her first ever live TV interview on KEYE (CBS Austin)’s “We Are Austin” show, helping Austinites prepare for Open Enrollment.
- We were active at Austin Startup Week. We sponsored a reverse pitch competition for the startup accelerators in town at Galvanize, visited with our friends at BASHH, and distributed hundreds of Decent stickers at Capital Factory’s Startup Crawl.
- We were approached by a Chamber of Commerce in North Carolina about offering Decent plans for their self-employed members. Our focus is on Austin for now, but we do love North Carolina…
How you can help 🙏
- In the coming weeks we’ll be making big noise about our Partner Program. If you know organizations that work with self-employed people or 1099 contractors, please let me know. 🙏
- We continue to appoint brokers and would love to meet the ones you know. If you have ties to brokers or agencies that sell to individuals or to companies with 1099 contractors in Austin, please let me know. 🙏
Thanks for reading,
Nick and the Decent team