Good news! You’ve gotten your quote, gotten your team excited about and enrolled in Decent, and now all you have left is to onboard your new and improved health insurance plan onto your payroll platform. Odds are this article is exactly what you’re looking for.
One thing to note before we get going - odds are, we’re not much more familiar with your payroll provider than you are, if you’re working through this process and you hit a snag, please contact your payroll company’s support team for help.
Here’s a step by step guide for if you use Gusto for payroll:
- Go to the Benefits section.
- Browse through the page to take a look at the variety of benefits to choose from (financial, transportation, health, etc). Choose the benefit you're looking for, or Show more custom benefits to build your own.a. For health benefits: If you're applying for health insurance through Gusto and/or you're adding a line of coverage and your Gusto-managed health benefits, you'll be put in touch with a licensed advisor.
- Add a name for the benefit. This will appear on the employee's paystub.
- Enter an amount in the "Employee Deduction Per Pay Period". This is the amount we will deduct from your employee's wages each pay period (if applicable).
- Enter in the "Company Contribution Per Pay Period." We'll keep track of this amount for your records and year-end taxes.
- Click Save & continue.
- Choose who you'd like to enroll in this benefit and click Save.