Set up payroll deductions for health insurance premiums in Quickbooks
The following is a summary of setting up payroll deductions for pre-tax health insurance premiums in Quickbooks Online Payroll. For complete instructions, including for Intuit Online Payroll Enhanced and Full Service, check out this article.
- Select Workers, then Employees.
- Select the employee's name
- Select Edit ✎ next to Pay
- In section 5, select + Add a new deduction or + Add deductions
- From the deductions/contributions dropdown menu, choose new deduction/contribution
- Choose a deduction type from the small arrow ▼ icon
- Enter the provider name that will appear on the paycheck
- From the amount per pay period ▼icon, choose $ amount or % of gross pay and enter the $ amount or percentage
- Do the same for the company-paid contribution, as applicable
- Select OK, then Done