Set up payroll deductions for health insurance premiums in Gusto
The following is a summary of setting up payroll deductions for pre-tax health insurance premiums. For complete instructions, check out this article.
- Go to the Benefits section of your payroll account.
- Select pre-tax health benefit deductions.
- Add a name for the benefit. This will appear on the employee's pay stub.
- Enter an amount in the "Employee Deduction Per Pay Period". This is the amount they will deduct from the employee's wages each pay period (if applicable).
- Enter in the "Company Contribution Per Pay Period." They’ll keep track of this amount for your records and year-end taxes.
- Click Save & Continue.
- Choose who you'd like to enroll in this benefit and click Save.